Raja Ampat is located off the northwest tip of Bird's Head Peninsula on the island of New Guinea, in Indonesia’s West Papua province. Raja Ampat or the Four Kings is an archipelago comprising of 1500 small islads, cays, and shoals.
Raja Ampat’s coral diversity, resilience, and role as a source of larval dispersal made Raja Ampat possibly the richest coral reef ecosystem in the world with population of 1,508 fish species, 537 coral species, and 699 mollusk species.
In addition to that, the tropical setting has created breath taking views and made Raja Ampat a paradise for bird watching. It is not a surprise that Raja Ampat is included in the Top 10 best destination for Tourism and Diving in the World.
Cove Eco Resort is a lovely eco resort in Raja Ampat that is located on a Private Island. We offer complete packages for family vacation, romantic getaways, and water sports activities. Cove Eco Resort facilities and services include first class pick up service from Sorong and back, fully equipped dive center, family activities and full service for VIP and Guests.
We have cold water and 24 hours electricity in every villa. Hot water is available in each villa.
We have internet access with Wifi at the common area. The connection is using a private satellite connection which is slow compared to land service. You can use it for light email, WhatsApp, Facebook or basic web page. For more heavy web service the connection will require patience !
Cove Eco Resort is deeply committed to a policy of environmental and social responsibility. We seek to provide exceptional and enriching experiences in a sustainable environment, for both staff and guests alike. We aim to protect and revitalize both our natural surroundings and the community of Raja Ampat in which we operate.
We are committed to demonstrating to our hosts, our guests, and the local government that tourism can support a local economy with much more favourable terms than mining, logging, overfishing, or shark finning. We’d love to sit down with with you over a cup of coffee and share more.
- IDR 1.000.000 or 85 USD - in cash to pay the Raja Ampat Marine Park Entry Fee
- Dive Certificate and Log book
- Proof of dive insurance covering emergency evacuation – due to our remote location, all diving guests are required to present dive insurance.
- We recommend “Divers Alert Network”
- A raincoat or poncho if desired
- A light sweater – the evenings and early morning boat excursions can be chilly
- All personal toiletries that you will need for the duration of your stay (there are no shops on the island)
- Wherever possible, biodegradable soap and shampoo – please assist us in minimizing our impact on the pristine local environment. We offer complimentary natural soap for all guests.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses & hat. Mosquito repellent.
- All dive gear: mask, fins, regulator, BCD, wetsuit, dive computer (mandatory). An underwater flashlight is also recommended. Please advise us in advance if you wish to rent any equipment during your stay. All diving guests will be issued a surface marker buoy, and given instructions on its use
- Your favorite tipple. It’s very difficult (and very expensive) to get alcohol in Sorong. We encourage you to bring your favorite bottle of wine or spirits from the Duty Free shop in your home country (the Duty Free shop in the Jakarta airport is not very well stocked)
- Sturdy (water/mud proof) shoes if you wish to do any jungle hike or bird watching excursions around the islands; some of the stunning forest trails pass through shallow streams and muddy patches
- A small waterproof bag – these are an excellent safety precaution if you wish to take cameras or extra clothing or any other non waterproof items about with you on the boats.
- Binoculars to view bird life both around the resort and on excursions.
- Excessive plastic packaging – please pack items carefully and remove excess packaging to minimize any rubbish you bring to the island (all garbage is sorted into our compost, recycled, where possible, in Sorong, or disposed of in our incinerator).
- Dive gloves – these are not permitted at Cove Eco Resort.
- Non-rechargeable batteries – it is almost impossible to recycle batteries in Indonesia; whenever possible, please choose re-chargeable.
- Soap, shampoo and other personal items that contain excessive perfumes or are “antibacterial.” All these products contain harmful agents that will have adverse affects on our little island paradise.
- Fishing equipment – there is no fishing at Cove Eco Resort.
In Raja Ampat, the weather is windy in August and early September. Aside from this yearly occurrence, diving in Raja Ampat is not particularly seasonal. September and October bring massive schools of bait fish, which attract bigger hunting fish and Mobula rays. The south winds in May and June bring more sharks and pelagics. Visibility tends to be at its best in November and February/March.
No. Because Raja Ampat is a remote location we dive very conservatively. We do not allow decompression diving, and the maximum depth is 30 metres. We do not allow solo diving.
+62 821 1000 8548
© Copyright 2017 | Cove Eco Resort | All Rights Reserved | Powered by PT. Waruna Indah Nusantara